Wednesday, April 1, 2009

april 1st. two thousand nine.

Tomorrow I will set out on a pursuit. A pursuit to leave what is restful and comfortable. A pursuit to perceive myself. Not to find myself, for I have always been constant, but to be content in myself from a new perspective. One that is not distracted. One that is not pursuing a lost cause, such as a chasing after a relationship, lifestyle, talent or moral. I count those things meaningless now. I accept the molding that it did, and I am moving on. To more wholesome motives. My anxious eyes are set ahead on new surroundings. I desire for them to humble me. I hope that the culture captures a new part of me, the searching one. I aspire to be an appreciator, and not be appreciated. To see, and not be seen. To listen, and not be listened to. To understand, and not be understood. To love, and not be loved. To encourage, and not be encouraged. I know this pursuit will be the first substantial step in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment