Saturday, April 4, 2009

april 4th. two thousand nine.

Waiting sixteen hours: sleep-deprived and anxious. Sitting in gate a01, fervently studying the people around me. A lady of poise and elegance, the finest of linens and leathers bathed her legs, arms and feet. Her stick straight corn flowered hair flattering a face adorned by raspberry pink lips. An italian dame she was returning to her home in Florence. She gave me a hope for what I was about to encounter. Firenze, unsurpassable to any location I have ever been. Every structure, every street, and every person carrying out individuality. I love this place. Every single thing here has blessed me significantly. And not only that but the presence of a friend that is more dear to me than anyone. Us sitting on the steps of Piazza Duomo, catching up on past life experiences, filled with contempt and heartbreak. We relate and sigh in bliss as we drink our guinness'--well her cider, me guinness of course. All of the people here are so pleasant. People are out for hours on the cobblestone streets and there is not a worry in the world for me. I feel safe and at home. This is where I need to be. Its suits the way I've come into being. The way my mind works compliments the way the city works. Its the city of rebirth...and this is my rebirth. Timing could not be more precise than this. I want to get a job here and never come back. A fantasy, but possible if really desired. Leaving for Rome next week. Then from there, Amsterdam.

arrivederci amici

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I have read this...or any of these blog posts for that matter. It made me feel so very warm inside. What a dream that all was. Let us go back some day, some day soon. Sending you all my love.

    ReplyDelete